PDF download online course
Why take this online Snapping Hip Rehab Course ?
“Snapping” is a common complaint regarding structures in and around the hip joint. Known as coxa saltans, snapping hip syndromes are traditionally classified into three categories: Internal, external, and intra-articular. The associated snapping is most likely caused by a tendon passing over a bony structure or mechanical signs of an intra-articular injury. Approaches to diagnosis and treatment are unique and range from conservative management to surgical procedures.
Details about this Online Continuing Education Course
This home study course will focus on the extra-articular categories of snapping hip which are internal and external. It will discuss the differences between the diagnoses and common management of these conditions including evaluating the need for orthopedic consultation. Initial and advanced stages of the disease processes will also be described including indications for surgical management and postoperative rehabilitation. Sample real-world scenarios will be discussed through case studies.
This course is a download and is in Adobe® PDF format
Upon completion of this home study course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the mechanisms of internal and external snapping hip
- Understand common strength presentation in these diagnoses
- Explain the additional pathology that may be involved with internal snapping hip
- Implement a course of conservative or postoperative management of these conditions
- Describe the proposed process of greater trochanteric pain syndrome (GTPS)
- Progress a patient through appropriate exercises for relevant hip muscles
Responsible CME® - Testimonials
This course was informative and helpful in the mngt of these patients. -- Bernadette, PT
Good course to review hip internal and external pain -- Justin, PT
Very informative and organized presentation of course material. -- Mark, PT
Well researched clinical therapeutic differential diagnoses of snapping hip were presented to allow for appropriate approaches to be administered. -- Michael, PT
theaters Purchase Now, Instant Online Course Access
- CE Hours: 2.0 hrs, .20 CEU
- Delivered: PDF Download, Online Test
- Learn about Snapping, in the online CE course. Snapping is a common complaint regarding structures in and around the hip joint. Known as coxa saltans, snapping hip syndromes are traditionally classified into three categories: Internal, external, and intra-articular.
fact_check Accreditation Verification
View PT, PTA, OT and ATC Continuing Education Course State Accreditation