An engaging interactive webinar
Lower Extremity Orthopedic and Sports Injuries in the Young Athlete
Why take this course?
There has been a dramatic increase in overuse and traumatic orthopedic injuries in the youth population. In many instances, this is due to the increased participation in youth sports programs. The expectations to get the client back to their sport can be stressful for the sports medicine team, not to mention the client. It is essential to be up-to-date on the clinically relevant and evidence-based treatment approaches to maximize functional outcomes in a safe and timely manner.
This one-day advanced webinar will provide course attendees with an in-depth analysis of lower extremity traumatic and overuse injuries affecting the youth athlete. This course will review the most current evidence on techniques to prevent, diagnose, and treat injuries unique to the lower extremity youth athlete. A special emphasis will be placed on the latest surgical and rehabilitation guidelines for patients who have undergone ACL, MPFL, and PAO reconstructive surgeries. In addition, careful consideration of the role that gender and maturational status plays on motor planning and injury risk will be examined. Each course attendee will leave with both didactic and hands-on assessment tools to make informed, evidence-based rehabilitation and return-to-activity decisions. The strategies taught in this advanced course will enable course attendees to provide their patients and clients with the highest quality of care that achieves excellent outcomes and value.
- Identify the risks and potential benefits of early sport specialization in the youth athlete.
- Perform a thorough assessment utilizing evidence-based screening tools to identify at-risk populations for running, cutting, and pivoting sports involving youth athletes.
- Describe the musculoskeletal implications from ACL, MPFL and PAO reconstructive.
- Perform a comprehensive, hypothesis-driven lower extremity evaluation unique to youth athletes.
- Develop and design comprehensive treatment programs tailored to the specific needs of the youth lower extremity athlete.
- mplement an evidence-based, criterion-driven return to sport program for youth athletes returning to sports involving running, cutting, pivoting, and jumping.
- Develop a program that utilizes evidence-based manual therapy and taping techniques as adjunctive techniques to help facilitate pain and functional improvements in youth athletes.
Learn more about this course and educator
February 27, 2021
8.5 hours of CE credit
8:00 AM- 5:50 PM Central Time
9:00 AM- 6:50 PM Eastern Time,
Tuition: $ 375.00
Complete the Captcha, Then enter your group contract number, then select verify. Once tuition is confirmed select Register
fact_check Accreditation Verification
View PT, PTA, OT and ATC Continuing Education Course State Accreditation
Bring this instructor to your facility or online just for your team
Submit a Request